This article covers the Member Directory Search, located on the left side of the screen.
1. Name search - You can search by first or last name. Our search engine can also help you find lawyers that you may have heard of, but can't quite remember.
Type in the first three letters of an attorney's first or last name. Your search results will include names that start with those letters.
2. P Number search - A specific search, using an attorney's P Number, is also possible. Be sure to include the "P" before the number, as shown below.
3. Other filters - You can search by specific location and professional membership, as well. Note: for best results, leave out words like "city" and "county."
Some search filters, such as Practice Area, Committee and Section, can be browsed, by clicking on the Browse icon.
When you click it, a pop-up window will appear, with a number of options to browse.
When you find the one you want, click on it.
If at any time you want to remove all search terms, just click the Clear button at the bottom of the search box. Once you’re happy with the search terms you’ve selected, click the Search button.
Your results will be arranged in List view, which is a simple format, showing name, city, P Number and state.
To see your results arranged in a detailed format, click the Details option at the top of the screen. You’ll see attorneys' "business cards."
Even after you have a list of search results, there are also other filters that you can toggle on and off, in order to narrow your search results:
- accepting new clients
- accepting appointments
- free initial consultations
- client reviews/endorsements
- your choice of keywords
You can also restrict your results to lawyers or legal administrators/paralegals, by clicking on the appropriate box.